Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

More Driving My Car


In response to my Driving My Car blog, a reader from Nevada added to my list of driving gripes.

1. Those idiots that speed down the right turn only lane and then cut in front of you. Sometimes they just use the breakdown lane.

2. Talking on the cell instead of paying attention to the road - been cut-off several times by that person.

3. Tear-assing through the parking lots like they're on the highway.

4. Red light? What red light? (Also applies to Stop Signs).

5. I signal for a left turn and start the turn. The guy behind me decides it's time to pass (even though it's a solid DO NOT PASS line). Sometimes it applies to a right turn (see item 1 above).

6. Buzzing along the freeway in the passing lane then crossing 3 lanes of traffic (whether or not there's space to do so) just to make an exit. This maneuver must be done within 100 yards of the exit.

7. Especially when we're towing; I leave plenty of room for stopping. The 3 guys behind me have to pass, even though we're all doing the speed limit.

He also writes, “Having had the advantage of driving all across the country several times, I've observed that this behavior isn't necessarily confined to one particular region.”

So, I’m certain we’re not the only two people that have observed bizarre (and frequently dangerous) driving behavior. I’m still looking for people to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment