Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Geek Themed Spaces

What kid doesn’t want to decorate their bedroom in the theme of their choosing?  When I was a young'un I papered one wall of my bedroom with the Sunday comics.  I painstakingly removed the comic strips from the newspaper, prepped the wall and used wallpaper paste to permanently attach the funnies to the wall.  I had understanding parents.


In high school my chemistry instructor informed the class his son had taken six of his LPs, painted them gold and made himself transporter pads.


But I think I found the ultimate geek.  The other day I came across a story about Tony Alleyne who resides in a one room apartment in Hinckley, Leicestershire, England.  He has converted his apartment into a replica of the bridge of Star Trek’s Starship Voyager.  He estimates that he spent about $150K.  Unfortunately for him, his ex-wife owns the apartment and she wants to sell it.  But it is awesome nonetheless!


The following are five themed living spaces that I found intriguing.


Collector Cho Woong has turned his apartment into a Star Wars shrine.  He has an impressive collection of Star Wars memorabilia in every room of his abode; even the bathroom.

Key Largo, Florida is the home of the Jules’ Undersea Lodge.  Located at the Key Largo Undersea Park, this hotel affords guests the opportunity to eat, sleep and live underwater in hotel-like comfort.

Visit the place that was Luke Skywalker’s home, Tatooine.  When the Star Wars filmmakers finished filming, they left all manner of Star Wars memorabilia, including Skywalker’s home.

Think the Hobbits had it made?  There’s a Hobbit motel in Waitomo, New Zealand.  Each unit has a shower, kitchen and can accommodate 6 people.

So what do you think, ready to redecorate?





No comments:

Post a Comment