Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Disney World adds Avatar Land

“Two great tastes that taste great together.” That was the Reeses’s Peanut Butter Cup’s slogan thirty-plus years ago. And they’re right … who doesn’t enjoy peanut butter and chocolate (unless you’re allergic)?

Courtesy Google Images
When I saw a news report that Disney was going to create an attraction based on James Cameron’s Avatar my first thought was, “Two great tastes that taste great together.”

I love Disney World in Orlando, FL. When we visit the in-laws in Dade City, FL, we make a point to get to Disney World for at least one day. (My bride’s favorite park is EPCOT; mine is Disney Hollywood Studios.)

I really enjoyed Avatar. (I’m looking forward to the three sequels … the first being Avatar 2 in 2016.) I like the world that Cameron created and when the movie ended, I wanted to know more about Pandora and its people and culture.

The expansion of the Avatar lore will be furthered explored in a series of books by Steven Charles Gould (author of the Jumper series). According to avatarmovie.com James Cameron has tapped “… noted science fiction author Steven Charles Gould to write four novels base upon Avatar and its three sequels.”
Courtesy Google Images
And now Disney and Avatar will be joined … just like peanut butter and chocolate. The Avatar attraction will become a part of Animal Kingdom. According to FOX NEWS, it will be the largest expansion in the history of the park.

Of all the Disney World parks in Orlando, Animal Kingdom is my least favorite. I think it’s claustrophobic. The main walks are lined with vegetation and if you happen to be going “upstream” when a show lets out, the mass of humanity coming at you can be overwhelming.

WDWMAGIC.com reports that Avatar Land is expected to open in 2016. The addition of Avatar Land might just be enough to entice me to return to Animal Kingdom.

Anyone interested in planning a trip to Orlando in 2016? Take me with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment